Friday, May 26, 2017

bread. and more bread. and a little rice too.

So, whether I'm carrying a viable pregnancy or not, my current eating habits are, umm troubling.  Here's my confessional:

I feel pretty sick.  (Yay?)  I mean, this nausea is intense. Getting out of bed in the morning is a slog, I'm queasy and lightheaded.  And my appetite, well, it's the appetite of a pregnant person.

For the past few days, I've been eating really tiny meals, the problem is they're all really tiny starch based meals.  Rice.  Bread.  A muffin.  A little gnocchi with butter last night, because I have reverted to the taste of a 5 year old.

See the problem here?

My nutritional counselor had advised that I put myself on a gestational diabetes diet as soon as I am pregnant, just to be safe.

Uh, yeah, that hasn't been going so well. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for nausea! I ate the same way early on. I kind of feel like it was my body having me eat just safe and bland food. I think it is ok to listen to what our body wants-especially when nauseous. Peanut butter crackers are lifesavers and have protein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today. Hope all is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought of you and rushed to my phone to check in, I was wondering how today went. I'm sending so many hugs and love your way.
    If you ever come visit your friends in Portland let me know❤️

    ReplyDelete