Friday, December 6, 2013

Stagnant Chi no more.

So here is the moment in our regularly scheduled programming where I become a complete shill for acupuncture and the entire eastern medicine industry.  Because for the first time since April of 2012 - yes, 2012 - I had a normal period.  A period that had no spotting prior to its arrival and was heavy and normal when it arrived.  It's a freaking miracle, and the only changes in the mix are the weekly acupuncture sessions I have gone to for the past 2 months or so.  Yes, my recent hysteroscopy allowed a normal bloodflow (thanks for clearing my cervix Dr. Cuddles!) but would not have addressed the mysterious spotting, and having plenty of FLO in the old "aunt flo" is a pretty new development too.  My rockstar acupuncturist is convinced that my Chi was stagnant, and blood wasn't flowing properly to my uterus.  Well, the traffic jam of my chi has been cleared ya'll, we're back in the game. 

And since my period came a day early, husband and I also have an extra shot this cycle.  I won't get my hopes up at all, given the fact that I just don't get knocked up as easily as I did when I was younger.  I fully expect to have a long hard talk on Monday with Dr. Cuddles about my medicated options, but this month is improving radically.

No comments:

Post a Comment