Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The great clean

Man, this summer is flying by.  I got a week at the ocean, which let me tell ya, is a little less restorative when you're still not sleeping.  But beautiful, nonetheless.


This weekend, the last weekend before school starts, I will be cleaning.  And then cleaning some more.


Our new nanny, C, starts on Tuesday.  All of the tax filings are in, the paperwork is signed and the payroll is set up.  I'm an employer now, and hopefully will be a good one?


Samantha has done so well at our local daycare center, of course I am second-guessing my decision to pull her out.  She's honestly such a chill baby though, that I have to believe that she will thrive with C.  I know that Niblet will fare far better with someone who pick her up from school, get her to finish her homework, feed her and then chauffer her to her myriad of after-school lessons. 


But before any of this starts, I have to clean.  Here is just a sampling of the things lined up in and crammed into the hallways and corners of my house that people are currently bumping into, sitting on or tripping over:
 - Two sleeping bags, unfolded
 - A trash bag filled with Niblet's shoes (collected from all over the downstairs, to be put away in her room)
 - An empty giant cardboard box that Princess is no longer into
 - A door that needs to be hung
 - A box of Tools that would be ostensibly used to hang the door
 - Viking's dirty socks
 - A bag of extra linens that we took to our beach rental
 - target bags filled with school supplies
 - books
 - unused mason jars
 - Dust balls


Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. I have nothing to say about cleaning ..

    Tomorrow is my due date and I remain 60% effaced, soft, 1-2 cm, and -2 station for wks now. No sign this baby has any desire to leave. Thurs she should be 8.10 oz... really was hoping to preserve my vagina in some tiny way :)

    Hope you guys did not get rain smacked by Florence . Sending happy hugs for all going well with awesome nanny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I can't believe how fast that went! Are they inducing you? Please god no, I hope not. Also, try to take her estimated weight with a grain of salt. Samanatha was projected to be an 8lb baby, and she came in at 6 lbs 10 oz.

      Delete
  2. Woogie was a c/s.
    Fizzgig was a band.
    Tfmr was vbac technically.
    Doc friend at 39.5 wks said. You are not ready. Come back in 7 days. You know you have until 42 wks. I love you go away.
    I would tend to agree with you on u/s but Fizzgig day before birth guess was 8.smidge... and she was 8.3. Woogie was 8.1.
    But shitfire... 8.10 scared me a little bit ;)
    We got a crazy space aged all in one shower/tardis/steam shower corner unit as my birthing tub that's parked in my parlor as Bunny has rotator cuff surgery any mon/wed post birth. It was a romantic 24 yr wedding anniversary gift to ourselves. $1400 beats $5000

    ReplyDelete