Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hot Summer Blahs

I wish I had something profound or insightful to share these days.  I certainly have nothing newsworthy.  It's 600 degrees outside. I am back on the wagon trying to get my diet back in order (because bathing suits).  I am peeing on sticks because that's what I do, and they're negative (I'm somewhere around 9dpo for anyone wondering).  I don't feel like I am pregnant, which usually means I'm not.  This would be the last month I could conceive if I wanted to give birth before I turned 42.  Think of that for a moment.  The years are creeping up on me fast.

Sunday I swam laps at the pool.  Tonight I am teaching a zumba class at the office.  Tomorrow I see my acupuncturist.  Thursday I do something that I haven't done in a little over a year:  I am taking a ballet class.  Wish me luck, I am so out of shape for ballet purposes it isn't even funny....

Maybe this is my version of a midlife crisis.  But all of this is better than picking up cigarettes and a gin and tonic habit, right?

1 comment:

  1. That s great that you are doing ballet again. Yes definitely healthier for your body than drinking and smoking. You made me laugh with that mid life crisis comment.

    ReplyDelete