Thursday, January 8, 2015

a new day

The last few weeks have been sort of stagnant.  I haven't exercised enough, I have put on a couple of pounds, and I am developing these ridiculous sleep-interrupting hives in the middle of the night.  My acupuncturist suggests a liver cleanse because she believes that the hives are my liver's sad sack attempts at detoxifying.  Or they could be a reaction to all of the methyl vitamins I'm taking, but even so, I could use a little detox right now.

Generally I am more of a fan of cassoulets and stews during winter time (have I mentioned it is exactly 14 degrees out right now?)  But maybe something like the Master Cleanse would be good for me on all fronts.  You know, that concoction of lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup etc? I can't be a purist, there's no way I can sustain this diet for 10 days, but maybe there's a shorter variation of this I can work into my schedule.

On other fronts, Niblet turns 6 tomorrow.  Whoa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment