Sunday, December 31, 2017

Hate to complain, but....

So, about three days ago I started getting this sharp pain in my lower back.  Like a sharp, scrape-ey, knife twisting in my spine sort of pain when I got up from a chair or out of bed.  If I walk (well, hobble would be more accurate) around for an hour, I get some relief.

But a girl's gotta sit.  And lie down.  And sleep.  And Niblet has a pretty nasty cold, so I definitely gotta sleep while I can because the late-night MOANING, oh my god. 

I have a little less than three weeks to go.  But I am a total fucking wuss about not being able to gracefully skitter around and speedwalk in my usual way, so I made an appointment with a chiropractor, her first available appointment which isn't until the end of the week.  I am still scheduled to work at my desk job for the next two weeks (my drop dead date for work is January 12th). 

I HATE being the pregnant woman who complains. I've come too far over six years to let a little back pain ruin this. And I could be having waaay worse problems right now.  I had a good run of 36 weeks, I need to focus on that.

I'm getting the occassional braxton hicks contractions, but I really don't feel like this baby is imminent.  So this pain will be with me for the forseeable future.  Turns out it may be my sacroiliac joint, according to Dr. Google at least, and Viking.  The only person I've even told about this pain is Viking.  Who was once close to 300 pounds and had similar sharp pain when he got out of the car or a chair.

All of this should end as soon as the bowling ball that is wacking out my spine is gone.  I hope.



2 comments:

  1. I had to wear this belt thing to help support in because my back got all screamy. It helped a lot. http://www.motherhood.com/back-and-belly-support-for-under-wrapz-by-belly-bandit/006-96749-22-S.html?mrkgcl=917&mrkgadid=3119495686&rkg_id=h-5f4359e0c753c6e06d286fca3e460a3e_t-1514866903&product_id=006-96749-22-S&adpos=1o3&creative=109814291045&device=t&matchtype=&network=s&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpbna3ra42AIVgWl-Ch1yAANrEAQYAyABEgLuNfD_BwE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your pain, but so very excited for you!!! Can’t wait to hear the good news.

    ReplyDelete