Monday, October 9, 2017

Musical furniture and Help me.

So I am approaching 26 weeks, and there are so many things. That aren't getting done.  My house is a hilariously fucked up obstacle course .  Donated rocker/glider chair with an ottoman sitting in the hallway?  Check.  Children's art shelves sitting in the dining room?  Sure.  Attic crammed with five million things that need to be cleared away so I can store other things in there?  But of course.

We have an office crammed with Viking's desk and our books that is ostensibly going to be a nursery.  Maybe?  Assuming she makes it to 40  weeks?  I don't wanna cast blame, but Viking, I'm looking at you.  Those books won't stack themselves and carry themselves off to the book donation site we like, or the attic.

Nibble has a million school projects (third grade is no joke at her school), ballet class 3X a week, violin and sunday school every other weekend.  That's not counting the birthday parties and play-dates.

I have a fuck ton of work to get done before I hand off my work life to my work husband.  One of the reasons I can't post here as often as I'd like is when I get to the office, I am working.  Nonstop.  So I can leave by 5 to get the Nibble across the universe.

I am also the asshole who agreed to help the PTO do a fundraiser with some Zumba next week.  Because sure, why not.

Ok, we have fifteen weeks to get this shit done, if I'm lucky.  I'm operating under the theory that something will go awry and Nutmeg is going to try to emerge sooner.  I wish that this would spur Viking into action, but sadly it isn't.  He spent his last Sunday lying around - with me audibly sighing and furrowing my brow at him.  This is the sexy stuff marriage is built on of course.  I know you've been hitting the gym in the early mornings and just sanded our kitchen counters, but what makes you think you can just lie around Viking????

My co-workers are appalled that I haven't started a registry.  What do I need?  What don't I need?  Honestly, I have to do an inventory of the attic, and kids, PSA announcement, this is what happens when you choose not to really acknowledge a pregnancy until after 20 weeks.

I am amazingly fortunate to have these stresses, but I have to get my act together, stat.  I am even second-guessing the trip I booked for us to the beach, later in the month.  A cheap four-day weekend at the ocean, while amazing, is also four less days to accomplish something.

Oh well.  We DID save a nice bassinet we can put this baby in.  We don't have a room with any space for it, but we'll get there.  We could use some clean sheets, and some car seats too, but we'll get there when we get there too.

Let the marathon begin!

2 comments:

  1. Craigslist baby section might solve some issues. I know when I needed massive pink explosion (because I owned MANLY baby crap) my sister found in her town 13 gallon bags x10 for $100. One was mostly 100 newborn onsies never worn by me or the other mom as 8 lb turkeys do not fit in those things :) but my BEST brand rocker and ottoman I am currently sitting on and cherish (we have two sets and 2 boppies... Also Craigslist!
    What a wonderful weekend plan. Things will get done! Take family pics. And the chaos is wonderful...you might remember this and it will make you smile when Nutmeg is in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Craigslist will totally be depended upon (it was with Niblet as well). The bigger challenge I have is a house filled with crap that Viking needs to haul out of the house in order to fit the great Craigslist finds. Even this weekend he's "asked" to attend a songwriting workshop with his band. Dude, you've gone over 40 years playing music without writing your own songs. You can go a little longer. Your books and giant-assed wood desk from the 60s won't haul themselves out of the nursery.

      Delete